A trip to unusual historical places in the Kurgan region
This journey will open you to a world of unexplored Kurgan sights. Tiny villages with majestic ruins of churches, a cemetery of cars, the oldest Ural mill - will be interesting and informative!
- Find the geographic center of the Kurgan region.
- To visit the cemetery of old equipment.
- To see the oldest operating mill in the Urals.
- Learn the tragic fate of the church in the village of Chineauovo.
- Visit the first church of faith in Orenburg province.
- Get to know the history of the town of Kurtamysh.
Day 1282 km
Geographical center of Kurgan region, cemetery of old equipment, the oldest Ural mill and museum of Kurtamysh.
Today you will visit the village Chineyevo, where the geographical center of Kurgan region is situated, you will have a look into three ruined but very beautiful churches with a fascinating history. You will also have a chance to walk through the cemetery of old cars and buses, behind which hides the oldest working mill in the Urals. The end of the day will be a visit to the local history museum in the town of Kurtamysh and a tasty dinner. To avoid wasting time for lunch, take sandwiches and stock up on water.